photo BeachbodySignup_zps109f0313.png  photo LikeonFacebook_zps11001938.png photo FollowInstagram_zpsd5733225.png  photo OrderShakeology_zps5ff64224.png

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Darrell's Ultimate Reset Experience

This past June I was contacted by my friend Darrell who was interested in Beachbody's 21 Day Cleanse called The Ultimate Reset.  Darrell had followed my experience with the program and wanted to give it a try for himself.  Like most people who are attracted to the Ultimate Reset Darrell wanted to lose weight.  What he didn't know was that he was going to gain something much greater then weight-loss from this program.  For that I will let Darrell explain in his own words...

Darrell in 2011

"At first I was skeptical, thinking this was just another lose weight fast and easy ploy. I saw your story and your pics and thought what the hell I 'll give it a shot. Especially since my hap hazard shotgun approach to dieting over the past couple of years never worked....at all! When I received the Ultimate Reset kit and read through the materials I was impressed....very structured and well thought out, I even showed my mom the program and she was blown away by it. This was a good sign considering she has her doctorate in holistic medicine and nutrition.

As you know I am an accountant by trade. So a lot of time sitting on my butt during the day. I tend to be a "go getter" on the career side of life so that means early mornings and not a lot of time to myself during the work day. This lends my lifestyle pre-Ultimate Reset to early mornings in the office, almost always skipping breakfast and quick lunches...I pretty much ate lunch out everyday before the Ultimate Reset. After work I would run between 3-5 miles 2-3 times a week, but the weight never seemed to come off (in fact it increased). Most mornings I would wake up tired and be slow moving after my fast food lunch.

I knew the Ultimate Reset would be a total change for me. It required planning and preparation. Grocery shopping a couple days ahead of time, food prep for consecutive meals, and will power to avoid events revolving around food and beer (which I have come to find is very hard in our society).

But I was committed. I am proud to say I made it through the entire Ultimate Reset program, doing what it said and sticking to it. I can count on one hand my "cheats" in the 21 days:

- 1 hand full of popcorn (no butter) (week 2)

- 1/2 a mini bag of baked Cheetos (week 2)

- 1 Brooklyn Lager (week 3)

- 1 salad with 4 pieces of chicken (week 3)

The Ultimate Reset taught me most of all that I feel great when I eat what my body needs. I think clearer ALL day, I am focused, I do not get sluggish, and I have a ton of energy throughout the day. I now wake up energetic excited about the day to come. The Ultimate Reset shocked me that i could lose as much weight as I did and not starve myself. It made me realize how bad my diet was and that I really had no idea what I was putting in my body. Because if I could feel full after my meals and still lose weight, what is in the food that I was eating before causing me to feel full and gain weight? I now know that it is not what I want to be fuel for my body.

Thanks again Hunter and keep spreading the word... For others who read this that like numbers rather than feelings. I weighed 216 lbs. before starting the Ultimate Reset and on day 21 I weighed in at 193 lbs. I plan to get to 175-180 and I hope Insanity will help get me their along with lessons learned from the Ultimate Reset. Hunter I'll keep you posted..."

-Darrell S.





The Ultimate Reset program is about three steps:  Reclaim, Release, and Restore.  In 3 weeks you can rid your body of toxic compounds that could be making you ill-while dramatically improving the way you feel and function.


No comments:

Post a Comment