photo BeachbodySignup_zps109f0313.png  photo LikeonFacebook_zps11001938.png photo FollowInstagram_zpsd5733225.png  photo OrderShakeology_zps5ff64224.png

Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Ultimate Reset Day 11

Today's weight revealed only a slight loss of 0.2lbs after getting on the scale.  I'm okay with that, I think my body is getting really close to that base line weight of where I would be if I maintained a healthy diet and wasn't working out to put on size.

Breakfast



Today was another day of the glorious fruit plate.  Before the reset I would have stuck my nose up in the air at the site of a "fruit plate" and instead have opted for eggs and bacon or maybe some pancakes.  But after eating clean now for almost two weeks straight, I really look forward and enjoy a plate full of fruit.  It is a great way to start the day!

Lunch


For lunch I recreated the quinoa-lentil pilaf that I made last night for dinner.  This recipe is a real winner in my book, but is a little time consuming for a lunch with all the prep.  In hindsight, I should have made a double batch at yesterdays dinner so that I could just reheat it for today's lunch.  The salad was supposed to be a cucumber and tomato salad, but I have a bulk amount of microgreen already made and I prefer it anyways.

Snack


My snack options are limited, but I noticed one was quinoa and avocado.  I had some quinoa already made from a previous dish and my avocado was finally ripe enough to eat so this one was an easy choice.  I really love the contrast of textures between the soft rich avocado and the hearty grain consistency of the quinoa.  This one is a good pairing.

Dinner


Dinner was a hearty vegetable-miso soup and some steamed swiss chard.  I think this might have been my first experience with swiss chard and it was pretty good.  The recipe said to squeeze some fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of olive oil and it really brought this leafy green to life.  The soup was definitely hearty as it was packed with a ton of veggies.  I spent a considerable amount of time chopping up carrots, onions, ginger, celery, garlic, bok choy, broccoli, green beans, and green onions.  All those vegetables and the miso paste really worked in harmony to create a very good and very filling soup.  This one took awhile, but it was worth it.


Day 11 is all done and I am still enjoying the process.  I'd say it is getting easier because I am almost on auto pilot now.  I have this routine down to a science and every day I wake up excited to try the next set of recipes.  I went into this program wanting to expand my culinary skills and my abilities in the kitchen.  Before this I could cook for myself without a problem, but the dishes I was making were not cutting it nutritionally.  Now I have lot's of healthy recipe options at my disposal and the experience of having created them already.



No comments:

Post a Comment