photo BeachbodySignup_zps109f0313.png  photo LikeonFacebook_zps11001938.png photo FollowInstagram_zpsd5733225.png  photo OrderShakeology_zps5ff64224.png

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Ultimate Reset Day 3

Ok first thing first, I weighed in and I have some exciting news....I am officially out of the 200s!  Yesterdays weight was 201lbs and today's was 199lbs.  Woohoo!  Excited to be over that hurdle finally.  That put me at 5lb weight loss with just two days of the reset behind me.  How come I didn't discover this program earlier?

Breakfast


So today's breakfast was the same as the breakfast on day 1.  Two eggs scrambled with one piece of plain no butter dry toast and some spinach with pine nuts.  That toast is hard to choke down by itself so I put the eggs on top and eat it like an open sandwich   Still not a fan of eating spinach first thing in the morning, but I power it down and this breakfast keeps me feeling full till lunch no problem.

Lunch

Today I got to eat not one, but two salads!  The first was my microgreen salad that I really do love.  I topped it with some more of my creamy garlic dressing and it was the bomb.  Then I had to make a lentil-lime salad and it was pretty tasty too.  It had carrots, cilantro, fresh lime juice, cumin, and a few other ingredients.  It was something that I wouldn't mind eating again sometime.  I learned a lesson from this meal and that is to read the recipes ahead of time.  The lentil-lime salad had to marinate in the fridge for two hours!  So that kinda pushed lunch back a bit today.

Snack

My snack was some raw broccoli and hummus.  Not much to report here besides hummus makes everything delicious.

Dinner

So I guess I didn't learn my lesson about reading the recipe ahead of time.  This one was called a nori roll with tempeh and vegteables.  Evidently one should not just "wing it" when it comes to making sushi rolls.  You are supposed to use this thing called a bamboo mat to assist you and I didn't have that.  So I did what every unprepared person would do in this situation, I "Googled" it.  According to google I could mimic the bamboo mat with a moist towel.  Yeah that didn't work out too well and the result is this horrific excuse of a roll.  This was it in its most beautiful state because after this picture was taken I tried to cut it and it pretty much exploded on the plate.  So I ate my nori roll rice bowl with my fork and it was pretty tasty.  The other two items were the miso soup and microgreen salad.  The recipe called for a Japanese Cucumber salad but I noticed it had to marinate for an hour so I passed on that.



Well another day of the reset is in the books and some good lessons were learned.  So far this program is proving to be very easy to follow and I don't feel like I'm making sacrifices with the meal choices I have been given.


2 comments:

  1. The more I hear about the Ultimate Reset, the more I want to try it!! Great Pics and Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete