photo BeachbodySignup_zps109f0313.png  photo LikeonFacebook_zps11001938.png photo FollowInstagram_zpsd5733225.png  photo OrderShakeology_zps5ff64224.png

Monday, April 22, 2013

The Ultimate Reset Day 8

I was in shock this morning when I got on the scale and the number read 194lbs.  I just keep steadily losing weight on this program.  I have lost a total of 10 pounds already and I'm not even half way done!  I don't expect the number to keep moving down at this rate, but I will take it while I can.

So today marks day 1 of phase 2 called Release.  During the Release phase, I will be completely eliminating animal products, including dairy, eggs, and meat.  I will move into a more vegetable, fruit, and whole-grain based diet.  Every breakfast will include fresh fruit and I am to avoid eating more then 3 servings so I won't be taking in too much sugar.  I am also introduced to a new supplement called Detox.  The Detox helps remove toxins and waste in the colon, according to the book that came with the Ultimate Reset.  I'm not sure what they put in it, but it must work very gently because I have not had to run to the bathroom without warning at all today.  Hope I'm not venturing into the "Too Much Information" territory, but I'm just trying to give everyone an idea on what my experience is like on this program.  Yours may be different.

Breakfast





Today's breakfast is going to become a familiar plate because I have it several times this week.  It is basically just a plate full of fruit.  I'm supposed to stay away from fruits that are high in sugar like pineapple and citrus. This was pretty good and I really don't mind starting my day with fruit, but it didn't hold me over as long as some of the other breakfast options I've had.

Lunch


For today's lunch I had the microgreen salad and some avocado.  I don't know what my deal is with avocados, but I striked out again.  This time it wasn't over ripened it was actually under ripened.  So that avocado in the picture was not eaten because it wasn't edible...I tried.

Snack


I have a feeling that with these new food choices I am going to be utilizing the snack option frequently.  Phase 2 introduces new snacks that you are allowed for both Phase 2 and 3.  Today's choice was miso soup and it was just okay.  It did it's job and took away my hunger until dinner came along.

Dinner


I tell you what, I was not excited for this dinner.  The absence of meat or even something resembling meat (tempeh) had me bummed out.  But things changed once I started eating it.  The pinto beans and rice recipe is definitely a keeper!  Some amazing flavors came out of that and I was really satisfied with the steamed vegetables.  I doubled up the portion of veggies, an option men have, and this dinner had me feeling more full then any of the previous dinners have so far.

So day 8 is over and I am feeling much better about this Phase 2 stuff.  The attitude and mental state you have going into these programs is so important.  I am learning to stay open minded and not pass judgement on whether I like something or not until I actually try it.  So far the Ultimate Reset hasn't let me down.



No comments:

Post a Comment