photo BeachbodySignup_zps109f0313.png  photo LikeonFacebook_zps11001938.png photo FollowInstagram_zpsd5733225.png  photo OrderShakeology_zps5ff64224.png

Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Ultimate Reset Day 4

So more good news to report from the scale - I am down to 198lbs.  Another day and another pound lost!  I'm feeling good about the routine and now I'm just looking forward to cooking and trying things I have never tried.

Breakfast


Today's breakfast was super easy and super tasty.  A plate of fresh fruit with some plain yogurt sweetend with maple syrup in the middle.  Who wouldn't enjoy this?  I forgot how much I love kiwis too!


Lunch


For lunch I had to recreate my nori sushi roll again.  I learned my lesson from last time and didn't try to cut this one into slices.  I knew if I tried to cut it, it would just exploded on my plate so instead I opted to eat it like a burrito.  The other lunch item was more of the lentil-lime salad and that was both tasty and filling.  Here is to hoping I don't have to mess with these nori rolls anymore!

Snack


Keeping it simple for my snack.  Celery with peanut butter and almond butter.  Yum.

Dinner


Tonight's dinner was stir fried vegetables and quinoa.  Unfortunately I don't own a wok, but I managed just fine with a large frying pan.  This dinner was really tasty!  The vegetables really took on the flavor of the sesame oil and braggs aminos.  The were tasty and still crisp from not being over cooked.  The second item called for a cucumber and tomato salad, but considering I don't like either of those ingredients and I had one serving left of my microgreen salad - I opted for that.

Today's meals were very satisfying and I am shocked that I am not missing meat as much as I thought I would.  I have a freezer full of venison and I am eating carrots and brocoli for dinner...who would have thought that?  I am in no way considering going vegetarian, but I am learning that my body doesn't need a big piece of meat on my plate every dinner to be satisfied.

I made a video about one of the supplements featured in the Ultimate Reset.  Alkalinize help maintain alkalinity in the body.  It is made up of alfalfa grass, barley grass, kamut grass, and wheat grass.  Needless to say it is not the most pleasant thing to drink!







2 comments:

  1. I think its great you are doing this Hunter. I'm really proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna! I am hoping that by doing these blogs I can inspire someone who wants to take that first step towards a healthy lifestyle.

      Delete