photo BeachbodySignup_zps109f0313.png  photo LikeonFacebook_zps11001938.png photo FollowInstagram_zpsd5733225.png  photo OrderShakeology_zps5ff64224.png

Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Ultimate Reset Day 7

Today is a special day for me because it marks my day 90 of doing Beachbody programs.  I started my Beachbody journey on January 21st with P90X and Shakeology.  I was hoping to lose at least 20 pounds during those 90 days, but after weighing in this morning at 195lbs it looks like I crushed that goal!




But this blog is all about the Ultimate Reset, so let me get back to that.  Today is day 7 and is the last day of phase 1 "Reclaim".  Phase 1 focuses on gradually removing animal products and refined foods from my diet while adding lots of veggies.  I guess I should have mentioned that back on day 1, so now you know!  I will tell you all about phase 2 in tomorrows blog.

Breakfast

Today's breakfast was oatmeal with apples and flax seeds and plain yogurt sweetened with pure maple syrup.  This was a very easy to prepare breakfast and filled me up.  I'm going to miss the yogurt because after today the program shifts into phase 2 and I won't be having yogurt again.  So I definitely was savoring every spoonful. 

Lunch


Lunch today was very familiar and included zucchini-cashew soup and microgreen salad with toasted pumpkin seeds.  This soup is so incredibly simple to make and with the addition of Himalayan sea salt it is really good.  

Snack


For my snack option I decided to choose the hard boiled egg.  I have a jar of pickled eggs in my fridge so this is something I use to snack on before the reset.  Also starting next week my snack options change and I won't have this option.  Better enjoy it while I can!

Dinner


Tonight's dinner was baked tempeh, steamed broccoli, and brown rice.  I had left over black beans and brown rice so I decided to use that in place of the plain brown rice.  This dinner didn't blow me away in the flavor department, but it was definitely filling enough.

So that's it!  Week one is in the books and now week 2 and phase 2 are ahead.  I have to be honest and say I'm a little concerned about the food options ahead.  I hope I won't be too hungry with what I will be eating, but I have to trust Beachbody and the Ultimate Reset and just follow with the program.



No comments:

Post a Comment